Friday, September 2, 2011

Crazy, Busy, Hectic Week

This has been one crazy week both at work and at home! We are in the process of moving one family out this week and then another next week. It is a wonderful thing because one will be completely self-sufficient and another will be moving to transitional housing. With this comes a lot of things that are needed (especially items in the house). It was so nice to watch our Augusta agencies work together for one common cause and help my family get everything she needed!!

With all of the mini storms that have been going on in my life this week, God finally showed me the rainbow last night. I came home last night to cupcakes already been made by my wonderful husband. This took a huge load off of me (now all I have to do is decorate them!). This allowed me to spend some quality time with Elizabeth. Instead of going on our usual walk, we just played. It was so special. She was laughing and "talking" and would come and snuggle. After her bedtime routine, I was able to go on a brief run by myself. It kicked my butt! I was thinking of everything I needed to (paperwork, cupcakes, moving furniture, cleaning house, schedule for Saturday, Holiday weekend plans, etc) and I just could not continue running and having all these things on my mind. I had to come down to a walk after only 1 mile (which frustrated me even more). I was then worried because it was getting dark and I really need to be closer to home. Then the sweetest thing happened: I heard that precious voice of God. He told me to breathe. It was so comforting...I cannot explain it. Then I watched as a rabbit ran in front me into the woods. Then a couple of frogs hopped in front of my path. God's amazing creatures enjoying life and not worrying about anything!!

How many things did I miss yesterday because I was stressing and overwhelmed (of which I never once asked God for help)?? Last night I crawled in bed and began reading more of the book "Same Kind of Different as Me" which made me cry several times - will bring this up at a later post when I've finished the book. I prayed that God would forgive me for trying to take on the world and doing things myself. I asked for a heart and mind like Noah who just obeyed.

This morning I came into my office with the sweetest note awaiting me: Thanks Ms. Sarah. We love you and thank you so much for everything you've done for us. May God always bless you for giving us a shot and for helping us to be back on our feet. We love ya!!

What a blessing!! Which made me think of the verse in Genesis when God was talking to Abraham and told him "I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your  name great, SO THAT YOU WILL BE A BLESSING".

Are you so concerned with being blessed that you aren't bessing others??? I know that I had my focus in the wrong place earlier in the week. Thankfully we have such a loving and forgiving Father that shows us through His voice, His creation, and through others what means the most.


Now off to work, pick up a birthday cake, decorate cupcakes, and PRAISE GOD that He is in control of everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment