Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Elizabeth

So I was surprisingly very excited this morning when at 6:15am my husband said with joy in his voice, "Today is Elizabeth's birthday!". I thought that I would feel sad that it has already been a year. Instead I have been remembering that morning just like it was yesterday:

At 3:30am we both "woke up" (I don't think we actually slept the night before), took showers, prepared ourselves to meet our daughter. At 4am we took our last picture as a family of 2. At 4:30am we arrived at the hospital. I remember shaking laying in the hospital room and praying to God that He would take care of us. I was so worried about having major surgery but I was shaking more with excitement and anticipation. At 6am my parents arrived which helped me to calm down some. At 6:30am we walked into the OR where I got my epidural and spinal block. At 6:44am I heard the most beautiful sound in the world - Elizabeth.

I was out of surgery around 7:50am and then I got to enjoy my sweet daughter for the remainder of the day. I was then blessed with so many visitors, phone calls, texts, and facebook messages. It was a reminder how many wonderful people God had put in my life "for such a time as this".

This year has been amazing. I thank God daily for allowing me to be the earthly mother to this beautiful child. I have to also reminde myself that Elizabeth was His child first and He has just given me the privilege to raise her here on earth.

So in honor of her birthday, she is wearing a cute little shirt that says "I'm the birthday girl" and it has a cupcake on in (in preparation for her even cuter outfit that my best friend Leigh Ann made). I let her eat pop tarts this morning for breakfast and off to daycare she went!! Hopefully I will be able to pick her up a little early so we can have some special time together!

Last picture as a family of 2!!

"Mommy's little sidekick" is what the shirt says.

I'm finally here!!!

Proud Daddy and Granddaddy

First family picture

LOVE her

She still doesn't have that much hair!!

Happy Birthday my sweet daughter! I love you very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment