Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Miracle Birth Story - Part 6

The weekend was quite possibly the longest weekend of my entire life. Matt and I tried to pass the time by creating documents for the Belize trip, playing cards, and watching movies. On Saturday, he was able to spend the day with Elizabeth and also spent the night at the house. This was so important to us because she had been with Matt's parents for this entire time. What broke my heart was when she told Matt and I that she wasn't going to stay at our house until "mommy was home". Luckily, she was easily convinced with some bribing to go :)

I spent Saturday watching Lifetime and just enjoying being alone for a little bit. Funny thing was that it was apparently the weekend to show every crazy pregnant movie on Lifetime. I was at least able to laugh about the irony of it all.

Since it was just me in the room, I was able to talk more with my nurses. I had one nurse who was just absolutely incredible. She must have known on that Saturday that I just needed someone to talk with (that was not family or friends). She stayed in my room for almost an hour as we just talked about everything from kids to church. She made me feel so at ease about what was going to happen on Monday and then she assured me she would see me on Wednesday for when I was going to be going home WITH my baby. Her positive thinking and attitude was exactly what I needed.

So many times it is so easy to get sucked into the negative thinking and worry. The closer the days were getting to Will's BIRTHday, the more I was being sucked in. So thankful for her spirit and words on that day to start changing my thoughts.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday

Normally I look forward to Sundays. Actually, they are my favorite day of the week. I get to spend the mornings with my larger family at church and I am able to be filled back up with the Spirit in order to start my week again. This Sunday I was longing to be there...to sing the songs...to hear His promises, to hear the message, to hug people, to talk to people, to be OUT OF THIS HOSPITAL. I wanted my normal life back again.

All I remember about Sunday was that it felt like it lasted for an eternity. I was looking at the clock so much (actually...the clock broke at one time which sent me into panic - no worries, the nurse fixed it immediately!).

When we let worry consume us, time stands still. We are not able to enjoy the time we are given. Oh the many lessons God taught me during this....

Tomorrow was the day I was dreading and excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment